top of page

Before Lighting

  • Ensure the wick is upright, above the wax, and central

  • Always trim the wick to 5mm before lighting to avoid smoking and damage to the glass

  • You can use a wick trimmer, nail clippers, or scissors to cut the wick.

  • Long or crooked wicks can cause uneven burning, dripping, or flaring and can be a fire hazard.

  • Keep the wax clear of wick trimmings, match pieces, and debris at all times.

  • Always burn a candle on a heat and fire-safe surface that is fire-resistant, sturdy, and large enough to contain any drips of melted wax.

  • Avoid burning a candle in an area affected by drafts, vents, or air currents. This will help prevent rapid or uneven burning, sooting, and weak scent.

  • Never burn the candles for longer than four hours and cool them for at least two hours before relighting them.

  • Candles burned for longer than four hours may overheat and create a fire hazard.

  • When lighting a candle, use long matches or a long-reach lighter.

  • Always keep your hair and loose clothing away from the flame.

 

While Burning:

  • Never leave a lit candle unattended.

  • Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.

  • Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, or anything else that may easily burn.

  • Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets.

  • Do not place lighted candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets or anyone else.

  • Extinguish the candle when 5mm of wax is left and do not relight

  • Never touch or move a candle while it is burning or while the wax is still molten.

  • Always leave at least 10 between burning candles

  • Do not burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.

  • Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly

  • Let the candle cool, trim, and straighten the wick, and check for unwanted drafts before re-lighting.

  • Never use a candle as a night light.

  • Never use a candle or where you may fall asleep.

  • Do not use candles during a power outage. Flashlights and other battery-powered lights are safer sources of light during a power failure.

  • Never burn a candle in a tent or in a non-ventilated space.

  • Candles emit carbon monoxide. Practice and use proper safety measures to limit unsafe exposure to carbon monoxide. Exposure to unsafe limits of carbon monoxide may be fatal.

  • Never use a candle during a power outage to look for things in a closet, or when fueling equipment – such as a lantern or kerosene heater.

When Extinguishing a Candle:

  • Always use caution when extinguishing a candle, whether by blowing out, using a snuffer or with a wick dipper.

  • Do not use the candle lid to extinguish the candle.

  • Never use water to extinguish a candle. Water will cause the hot wax to splatter and might break a glass container.

  • Make sure the candle is completely out and the wick ember is no longer glowing or smoking before walking away from the candle.

  • Do not touch or move the candle until it has completely cooled.

  • Never use a knife or sharp object to remove wax drippings from a glass holder. It might scratch, weaken, or cause the glass to break upon subsequent use.

Storing Your Candle:

  • Our candles are best stored top side up in their box, at temperatures below 25 degrees

  • Cooler temperatures may cause the wax to shrink slightly resulting in a visible separation from the glass, and warmer temps may induce melting or oiling of the top layer of wax.

Candle Information

Instructions & Safety for our candles

bottom of page